2018 Mining History Association Tour

 

Deadwood Walking Tour
Tour Leader: David Wolff
June 6, 2018


PHOTO GALLERY 1 of 3

CLICK ON PHOTOS TO ENLARGE
 

(Above)  The MHAers gather with Tour Leader, David Wolff, at the Homestake Adams Research and Cultural Center (HARCC).

 

(Top right) David describes the nearby sights including the reconstructed CB&Q Freight Station (red building at rear) and Engine House (out of photo).

 

(Right) Power House Park is located across the creek from the HARCC.  It was the site of the coal fired plant that generated electricity for the Deadwood-Lead trolley line.

 







Deadwood Recreation Center was originally the Deadwood Auditorium.  It opened in 1913.

 


Lawrence County Courthouse in Deadwood was built in 1908.

Fremont, Elkhorn and Missouri Valley Railroad Station.  Passenger service started in 1890.



Deadwood Post Office Building.

Adams Museum, originally the Adams Memorial Hall, opened in 1930.

 

Historic Franklin Hotel opened in 1903.  It is now part of the Silverado Hotel/Casino.

The original Homestake Slimes Plant built in 1903 recovered gold from fine tailings.

Homestake Slimes Plant has been repurposed as a Holiday Inn Resort.



(Photos Courtesy of Henry Djerlev, Johnny Johnson, Mark Langenfeld, and Bob Spude.

CLICK HERE FOR THE NEXT PHOTO GALLERY

CLICK HERE TO RETURN TO THE BLACK HILLS MEETING PAGE


All contents copyright 2011. This is a ZStudios website.